Wednesday, November 19, 2008

We Are Growing...

Hey there Wine Lovers - our little group is starting to grow. We turned 40 today...40 members that is...

















Tempronillo Grapes at Purple Cow


I had know idea when I launched this thing a couple months ago what might happen, but as it turns out we are drawing a significant amount of industry folks from Shop owners, to Winery owners, as well as some Chefs, Servers and a plethora of regular folks who are anywhere from Wine Novices to Straight up Oenophiles.

















Scott Beherens with Jay and I at The Wine Beheren in Forest Grove



I have had a brief setback in terms of getting out to a bunch of wineries and tasting rooms this fall as I have had Knee surgery and been very limited to the amount of traveling I can do - but prior to that I was able to spend a couple days in Napa in October during the height of fall crush, as well as get out for a tasting weekend in September here locally and I can tell you that while Napa has the hype and the press - It is just as beautiful driving through the North Willamette Valley, or out through the Chehalem Valley as it is rolling through Calistoga, Sonoma and Napa.


We are blessed here and the bounty has been amazing this year by all reports!!


I hope that this posting finds you all well and excited for a busy Holiday season!!



I will be gathering some good "Insider" info for all of you this week on where to go for those Post-Thanksgiving tasting trips and would appreciate any tips you would like to contribute from beating the crowds to the best parties...


















Wendy Armstrong of Purple Cow Vineyards with Jay and I in the "Backyard"



Also - we have several members who are hosting winemaker dinners coming up and if you have never been to such an occasion I can assure you it is a memorable and educational event!!


I am hoping to get out more this season as my knee allows and do some more exploring - but in the meanwhile, I encourage you all to send me your pics and tasting notes as well as event info and I will post them here on the blog.














Kate, Meg and Jess with Jay and I at Tualitin Estates - Thanks for the great Day ladies!!




Peace and Grapes!!
Wayne-O

No comments: