Monday, August 24, 2009

Wine Country Opportunity -

Hello Wine Lovers!! Are you ready for Fall?

As we head into the Dog Days of Summer, I know many of our winemaking members are watching their harvests carefully and making plans for harvest and crush...I also know that many of you take time during the upcoming season to really get out and start exploring the tasting rooms and wineries.
Also - as many of you may be aware - I (like so many others) have been out of work for some time (laid off in April) and just taking on an assortment of projects while I look for opportunities...which got me thinking...I'll bet there are other NW Wine Lovers members out there in my position too.
So - I wanted to reach out to this awesome group and pose the following 2 questions...

For Wine Business Owners -
If you are a wine related business owner (vintner, wine maker, tasting room manager, marketing director etc) Would you be willing to send in your seasonal employment needs to us here at NW Wine Lovers so that our members who are looking for work and available could get first shot at those jobs? You would obviously be getting a labor pool of enthusiastic wine lovers...what could be better? As always - no charge!!

For our non-industry friends and enthusiasts -
We have a tremendous base of members who are avidly involved in the local community here (including myself) and would make great guides and planners for your next outing. Would you consider sending in your special requests, trip planning questions or even looking to our members for a guide to go with you on your trip who may have special access to certain wineries or the ability to get in to barrel rooms and tours with the makers themselves? If you are interested in booking someone like this to help you, or you are one of these folks who would like to take on a project for another member..just let me know...

Obviously I would be available for some of these opportunities too, but I am willing to bet there are many more opportunities out there than one person can handle, and this being a very dedicated group, I think we can all help each other have an awesome fall...so...I will be taking job postings here at the wine lovers email address nwwinelovers@live.com or on facebook as a response to this email, and will begin posting them on the group page as well as the blog.As always - send in your event notifications, release news, special parties, discounts offers and anything else you want to me here, and I will get them on the blog right away.

Cheers,
Wayne-O

No comments: