Wednesday, May 13, 2009

May Update

Hey there wine lovers...I just wanted to post a quick not for all of you who turned out for the great benefit last week at WVV...Hope you enjoyed the awesome food and wine deals!!

There are several events going on for memorial day, but some of them have the ability to do allot of good for others as well.

I received this note from Anna Campbell about an awesome fundraiser going on on the 31st for those of you out and about, so why not take the time to combine your love of wine, your holiday plans and your ability to do something deep and profound for others and wrap them all up into one trip....?



Hello!

I want to invite you all to a fabulous Lunch and Wine Tasting at Elk Cove Vineyards! It's on May 31st and all proceeds benefit the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. It's a great cause, and a beautiful winery.

Winemaker Adam-Godlee Campbell, my brother, will be barbecuing! Founders Joe and Pat Campbell, my parents, will also be at the event so it's a great chance to meet them. Here's the facebook invite:

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=95472551069&ref=ts

and the evite:

http://www.evite.com/pages/invite/viewInvite.jsp?inviteId=DNAJRWCTAYKEQOCHISZU&li=iq&src=email&trk=aei6

As you can see, my family is part of the NW wine community. My mom was known to carry me under one arm, a case of wine under the other! We're also a family that's been affected by cancer, as so many families have. Your support means a lot to us.

Hope to see you there! - Anna M Campbell,
annamcampbell@gmail.com

Thanks Anna - this looks to be a great time, and I hope to see many friends and families out there on the 31st.

If your winery or wine business has special events going on for memorial day weekend, let me know...

That's it for now Wine Lovers...Cheers!!

Wayne-O

No comments: