Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Wine Benifit and FUNdraiser for Rylee Lofthus


Hello Wine Lovers!


I want to introduce you to a wonderful little girl named Rylee Lofthus. I also want to make sure you all have this very important event information right away. I know spring is hopping right now for everyone, but we have a strong group and I know we are able to do some real good together.


This event is being put on by my friend Meg Murray at Willamette Valley Vineyards, and all of the proceeds are going to help a little girl walk again.
I am personally moved for a couple of reasons; Number one, when my daughter Piper was born, her legs were put into braces because of a birth defect where the hip joints would not stay in the sockets. This caused us concern, trial and effort for the first year or two of her life...in the end, she healed fine, without surgery, and with the help of our pediatrician and pediatric orthopede, Piper was able to walk normally.
I remember as a parent what that was like, even though I knew it was not a debilitating disease...I can only imagine what courage and bravery this little one and her family have had to show in their battle so far.
Secondly - as I read through this information - I found out that Rylee shares something very cool in common with me...My Birthday!!
Lets see what you can Do Wine Lovers!!


The Event info is below....


JOIN US this THURSDAY APRIL 30th 6:30pm at WILLAMETTE VALLEY VINEYARDS
It takes a village to raise a child - African Proverb


In these tough economic times, life and priorities start to be put into prospective. It is also during these times that those in need should not be forgotten.


The cute vibrant child you see here is Rylee Lofthus.
Rylee was born on July 13, 2004 with Cerebral Palsy and was not expected to walk.


She has qualified to receive a Selective Dorsal Rhizotomy on May 27, 2009; a surgery that will enable Rylee to walk without a limp or the assistance of a walker.


Like other 4 year old girls, Rylee loves pink, Hannah Montana, ice cream and hopes to one day be able to walk and run without any difficulty.


Join us at Willamette Valley Vineyards Thursday, April 30th, 2009 from 6:30pm-9:30pm for a FUN fundraiser.


We hope that you can attend this event; ticket prices are $10.00 and will include a casual dinner, wine, a drawing for some impressive prizes and a live auction.


You can purchase tickets to this event at the door.


Wall of wines from all over Oregon; $20 for a one bottle pull or $30 for a two bottle pull.


Please pass on this Evite to all that you can, as it takes a village to raise a child.



You can also donate to the Rylee Lofthus Medical Fund at any Bank of America or at Willamette Valley Vineyards.


Hope to see you soon!


And I hope to see you all there!!


If you need further information, just email Meg at meg.hursh.murray@gmail.com for more information on how you can get involved.


I'll just bet we have some Wine Industry Folks who have a bottle or two they can donate, or perhaps a Wine tour or two from one of our limo owners....?


Let me know if you have anything else to donate or any other ideas folks.


Cheers!!

Wayne-O



No comments: